NETHERFIELD CRICKET CLUB
Founded: 1893. Joined Northern League: 1958
Netherfield CC originally played on Murley Moss before establishing the
current ground. The club played in the Village Combination until joining the North Lancashire League in 1926,
becoming champions in 1953. In 1959 Netherfield replaced Furness CC as members of the Northern League.
Until the late 1970s membership of the club was restricted to employees of the K Shoes factory but since
the membership was opened up the club have been five times champions of the Northern
League, in 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001 and 2008 and were division two champions in 1989.
They have won the League Twenty/20 Cup on four occasions in 2005, 2010, 2013 and last season
Since 1956 the Parkside Road ground has regularly hosted Cumberland CCC games.
Netherfield have won the Meageen Cumbrian Cup on 13 occasions since 1982, the last in 2008.
Tel: 01539 724051
Directions: From the north leave the M6 at Junction 37 and follow signs to Kendal. When approaching the town turn left into
Parkside Road. The ground is 400 yards on the right. From the south leave the M6 at Junction 36 and follow the signs to Kendal. At Kendal South
sign, bear left and follow A6. Turn right at traffic lights. Turn left at roundabout. Parkside Road is the third road on the right. The ground is
400 yards on the left-hand side
11 Grasmere Cresent,
Tel: 01539 724044
3 Silver Howe Close,
Tel: 01539 730751
Hon Secretary & Fixture Secretary:
5 Shanny Lane
Tel: 01539 560141
Club Welfare Officer:
28 Bluebell Close
Tel: 01539 730753
Mob: 07518 666715
Junior Section Contact:
Northern League Committee Member
To see information re the Netherfield Honour
Holders of Club Office for years 1975 - to-date
Click Here to send your comments.|