MORECAMBE CRICKET CLUB
Founded: 1889. Joined Northern League: 1952
Cricket in the resort can be traced back to 1855. The present club was
founded in 1889 and is by far the oldest sporting organisation in the
town. Morecambe CC played originally at the Summer Gardens before
establishing their present ground in May 1900.
The ground was laid out
by Jonny Briggs of Lancashire and England fame. In the 1920-21 season
Morecambe FC ground-shared at Woodhill Lane before moving to
Christie Park in 1921.
After joining the North Lancashire League in 1901,
leaving to have a spell in the Palace Shield Competition before rejoining,
the club joined the Ribblesdale League in 1947 before becoming
founder members of the Northern League in 1952.
North Lancashire League champions in 1928 and 1937 and have been
champions of the Northern League on four occasions, in 1968, 1992,
1995 and 2006. They were second division champions in 1991, 1994,
1999, 2002, 2004, 2006 and 2013.
off West End Road,
Tel: 01524 418192
Visit Our Websites
Directions:From the motorway follow signs for Lancaster City Centre
and then signs for Morecambe Town Centre. Proceed into the centre of
town along the B5321 passing Morecambe Football Club. In the centre
turn left signed West End. Cross the railway bridge and turn left into
Woodhill Lane. The ground is at the end.